NM 7.6.2 from Windows -> Mac

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / NM 7.6.2 from Windows -> Mac

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PiersonPaul
    Participant

I am trying to connect to a MacPro running MacOS 10.15.7 with a NM server v 7.6.2 from a Win10 client with the same version of NM.
    The Mac (granules) is affiliated with a 386 LDAP server for login credentials and mapping of NFS automounted home directories.
    I can successfully connect via NM using an admin account, but if I use my personal account, it says:
    The session negotiation failed.

Error: Cannot open /home/dbeverli
    I have verified that my credentials are correct by ssh-ing into the Mac successfully.
    attached are the log files.

Ideas?

Britgirl
    Participant

Are you able to submit the attachments that failed to upload directly to us using forum[at]nomachine[dot]com?

Make sure you put the title of the topic as the subject of your email. Thanks!

PiersonPaul
    Participant

I have emailed the attachments as instructed.

Guro
    Contributor

NoMachine checks user credentials through pam and got the error “Permission denied”.

1. Please check pam logs. There should be more detailed information on why pam refuses the user.

2. Is the user name correctly mapped to the local user?  Could you try to use a username with domain name part?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.