Black screen on Ubuntu 20.04

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Black screen on Ubuntu 20.04

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mwardell
    Participant

Hello: I am connecting to my Linux desktop machine (client 7.7.4) on Macbook Pro Big Sur. When I connect to the Linux desktop NoMachine shows a blank window. How to fix?

Mark Wardell

Carin
    Participant

Hi Mark,

So that we can queue up for investigation, can you please send us server-side logs?

Please enable debug by executing sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --enable all.
    Then reproduce the problem and collect logs sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --collect

After collecting the logs you can disable by running sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --disable all

Please send the logs directly to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com adding the title of the topic to the email subject. Thanks!

mwardell
    Participant

I have sent the logs!

I look forward to resolving this issue!

Kindly Mark

fra81

Hi Mark,

server side logs look clean, so I would need some more information. Is the Linux machine on the login screen when you connect to it? Is it headless (no monitor attached or turned off)? In case it is headless, can you try to attach a monitor and check?

mwardell
    Participant

The Linux Ubuntu 18.04 is in closet I pulled it out and connected a monitor to it. It was on logon screen. I connected to it from my Mac. I had to go back and click on the Ubuntu machine and let it connect.

So I am halfway there. I need to set up the system so that I do not need to click ‘authorize’ connection on the Ubuntu machine.

Can it be so configured?

Mark

mwardell
    Participant

Okay, I ‘authorized’ the machine by simply pressing the allow other user to control desktop and it stayed set so I dont have to do this. I bought a hdmi headless dongle and that should allow me to go headless.

Fingers crossed and thank you for your help

Mark

mwardell
    Participant

Okay I got the HDMI headless Dongle. Connected it and got black screen..FYI Previously I was connected to USB-C. What is the issue… I am confident if I reconnect my Monitor via USB-C it will all work. What do I need to do to run NoMachine headless?

mwardell
    Participant

OMG – Never heard of headless dongles. I just learned there is also a usb-c headless dongle. I suppose I could connect via HDMI port to the same monitor and use my newly purchased HDMI headless dongle.

Mark

Britgirl
    Participant

Tips for remote headless Linux hosts are here:

https://knowledgebase.nomachine.com/AR03P00973 – attaching an HDMI dongle is one of the tips.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.