Mic-in feature not working/no sound in phone Bluetooth

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Mic-in feature not working/no sound in phone Bluetooth

Tagged: 

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by rdsg.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    rdsg
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to connect from my NoMachine app on my iPhone SE gen 1 iOS 12.4 to my Windows 10 (Home Edition) laptop, the audio feature works great I can hear it sound that plays on the laptop on my phone but only through the phone speaker. If I connect to my phone bluetooth, no sound is passing. Is it a bug/limitation or configuration issue?

Also when I try the Mic In feature it does show on the PC under sound inputs. It created like a new mic driver with the name “NoMachine microphone” or something and it’s being selected as the input device but it doesn’t seem to send any mic input from my phone.

Please advise how to resolve these issues if possible.

Thanks you.

Britgirl
    Participant

The issue you encounter is known and will be fixed in the next mobile release v8.

No sound on headphones connected via bluetooth on iOS
    https://kb.nomachine.com/TR10P08884

rdsg
    Participant

Thank you. When is next mobile release is expected to come?

Also, what about the Mic In feature issue that passing mic sound doesn’t seem to reflect in the remote machine? Is it also a mobile bug? Or passing mic from a pc client to a remote server is also not working?

Britgirl
    Participant

Or passing mic from a pc client to a remote server is also not working?

Is the mic enabled in the NoMachine’s app allowed permissions? (Look in Settings -> Applications and scroll down to NoMachine).

The v8 update is in its final stages now.

rdsg
    Participant

@Britgirl Yes, the mic is enabled in my phone ios setting for the NoMachine app.

I also tried to connect another PC with Win 11 to my Win 10 PC mentioned above, and noticed the same issue – actually when I try to choose in the remote PC under sound inputs the NoMachine microphone device, it seems not to stick in dropdown, and change back to other microphone inputs available. I tried to look also under each PC (client Win 11 and server Win 10) settings microphone enabled for apps but couldn’t find there NoMachine app in the list. Not sure where exactly did you mean, is it client or server side? Could you please be more specific? Was this feature tested and used to work before? Does it work for you?

Btw, the issue no sound on headphones connected via bluetooth you said that will be fixed for v8 in ios:

NoMachine – No sound on headphones connected via bluetooth on iOS – Knowledge Base

Appears to also happen when I use my Win 11 PC with a bluetooth headset connected to it. The sound from NoMachine player is coming from the PC speaker, not the bluetooth headset. Other sound I play outside the NoMachine player go to my bluetooth headset as expected.

Thank you!

rdsg
    Participant

Hello @Britgirl just tried the new ios version, now there is no sound at all not by bluetooth or phone speaker. So rather fixing the problem it made it worst it seems…

rdsg
    Participant

Actually please disregard my last reply after closing all apps in my iphone and reopening nomachine app the sound does work and can come both in the phone speaker or bluetooth if connected so this issue is fixed now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.