5.0.43 Built in X server always runs 1280×1024

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / 5.0.43 Built in X server always runs 1280×1024

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    EddieA
    Participant

Using the new 5.0.43 Free version and the “created” X server.  I have this in the /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg file:  DisplayGeometry 1024×768

But whenever I close the Windows NX Client and then re-start it to connect to the existing session, it always restarts that session at 1280×1024, which BTW is my native Windows resolution.

Cheers.

Tor
    Participant

Hi Eddie!
    Please verify if the box “Match the client resolution upon connecting” is unchecked in Display settings. This configuration does exactly what you’ve described, by changing the remote desktop geometry to match the local display resolution.

EddieA
    Participant

Where is that Display setting.

The main client settings are only:  Input, Appearance, Transfers, Folders, Privacy and Updates.

The connection settings also doesn’t have anything for Display.

Cheers.

Tor
    Participant

This is a session setting, you can configure it when you’re connected to the remote server. Press Ctrl+Alt+0 when you see the remote desktop (this is the default shortcut, unless you’ve changed it in Input preferences) and you’ll see that Display button.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

EddieA, you should see something like this once you’ve activated the session menu and clicked Display:

https://www.nomachine.com/DT07M00087#5

EddieA
    Participant

OK, now I see.  That panel is available after I have made the connection.

To me that doesn’t really make sense when you have a server parameter to force the size.  So what does the DisplayGeometry actually do.

Cheers.

Tor
    Participant

The setting DisplayGeometry sets the resolution used by the X server when it starts, and it is kept unless the client asks a different resolution.

Normally settings configured on server side take over those configured on the client, but in some cases the client has priority. The geometry is very specific for each client configuration, and forcing it on server side may cause serious headaches for users with a different display resolution. This is not your case, but consider a server configuring a resolution 1920 × 1080 and a user connecting with a laptop 1366 x 768. He would be forced to use either the fit to window to scale the session, or the viewport to navigate the session with scrollbars.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.