5.0.63 breaks CapsLock/Ctrl swap

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / 5.0.63 breaks CapsLock/Ctrl swap

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    iceback
    Participant

This is sad. I’ve been happily using these key swap for ages. Now CapsLock toggles upper/lower case with each press.  You can imagine how frustrating that is for an emacs devotee.

graywolf
    Participant

So did a previous version of NoMachine work for you? Could you tell me which one?

Do both server and client run on Linux?

iceback
    Participant

The client would have been 5.50~ and the server was 4.6.4

iceback
    Participant

Yes, both server and client are running linux.  Centos 6.7 on the server, Ubuntu-14.04 on the client

graywolf
    Participant

You’re right. I’m going to reopen TR07L04481 as it isn’t completely solved. In the meantime can you retry to follow this suggestion: https://www.nomachine.com/forums/topic/caps-ctrl-swap-still-a-problem-tr07l04481#post-5888

iceback
    Participant

successfully ran

• setxkbmap -option “” -option “ctrl:swapcaps” -option “terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp“

Yes, that used to work but now, from an ubuntu client, it has no effect.  I disconnected from my session, ran that on my desktop, restarted nxserver, reconnected and no change

graywolf
    Participant

If you are sharing the physical display of server Centos 6.7, be sure “swapcaps” is set on that display too (“setxkbmap -print” will show the XKB configuation strings).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.