7.6.2 node clients logs with KDETorrent messages

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / 7.6.2 node clients logs with KDETorrent messages

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    EddieA
    Participant

After upgrading my Slackware 14.2 system to NoMachine_7.6.2_4_x86_64 I’m seeing massive (like around 10G in 2 days) amounts of data in the .nx/ node/C-<server>-1001/clients and .nx/node/F-C-<server>-1001/clients files.

Virtually all the data appears to be errors/warnings/status from KDETorrent.  Looking at previous logs from the F-C-<server>-1001 directories (why are these not cleaned up, BTW), I do see similar messages from KDETorrent, but not to the extent I’m seeing now, like from around 40M previously over a multi-month period to over 1G in a couple of days.

I can’t compare for the C-<server>-1001 directories, as they do appear to be cleaned up. but the current clients file is over 8G in a couple of days.

Cheers.

EddieA
    Participant

Answering my own post.

Setting the node.cfg setting “ClientLog 0” stops the file being created.  Although I would be interested in why the amount of data captured suddenly skyrocketed.

With regard to the clean-up of the directories.  All the ones there appear to be left overs when either I’ve had to kill a session, or in the last couple of days, when things all went haywire because of the filesystem filling up.

Cheers.

Carin
    Participant

Hi EddieA,

Thank you for the update.

Those logs are not produced by NoMachine’s software. They are produced by the applications or the desktop environment that are launched in the NX session.
    In order to understand which application is producing them, you have to examine those logs.

EddieA
    Participant

I already guessed which application:  KDETorrent.

What I’m trying to understand is why updating NoMachine caused that log to suddenly jump from a few M over a period of months to over a G in a single day.

Cheers.

Carin
    Participant

I am afraid we can’t help because it doesn’t look like this is related to NoMachine. Nothing was changed that could affect this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.