8.2.3 display not drawing rest of screen

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / 8.2.3 display not drawing rest of screen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    manzaiya
    Participant

After upgrading nxserver to 8.2.3-4 on Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS & the client to 8.2.3 for Windows 10 Pro 20H2, the display will only render a small corner in the upper left. Any other portion of the screen artifacts to the point you can’t see anything. This is connecting to a virtual display (display manager has been turned off on the machine as it is only connected to remotely)

Reverting nxserver back to an earlier version to use Ubuntu machine. Is there a bug with the recent debian package?

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We have reproduced a similar issue when using a 4k monitor with 150% scaling or similar to connect to the desktop. Does this sound similar to your set-up?

manzaiya
    Participant

I think my setup may be different but it sounds similar…..
    Monitor :  S271HL Acer Monitor (Local Windows 10 Pro 22H2 setup 100% scale 1920X1080) Standard HD Monitor
    NoMachine: Scale to Window, 1920×1080 Resolution Headless mode by stopping display-manager

Also, on a separate note I wish there was a way to force a full screen refresh especially when interlaced artifacts make the screen impossible to read. Shaking the window with the mouse helps though sometimes when this happens.

fra81

Hi manzaiya,

sorry for the delay. I’m not sure this is the same as the known issue, given that you aren’t using a scaled display. Can you reproduce the issue right now or you downgraded the NoMachine server version in the meanwhile? If you can reproduce, would you send us the logs as explained in https://kb.nomachine.com/AR07K00677? You can send them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com, by referencing this topic. Then please try to disable hardware decoding on the client (Open the session menu -> Display settings -> Advanced options) and hardware encoding on the server (Server settings -> Performance).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.