Android Nougat and any news on H.264?

Forum / NoMachine for Mobile / Android Nougat and any news on H.264?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    reportados123
    Participant

Hey guys, I recently just tried out NoMachine, sharing my Windows 7 desktop computer to my Android phone, and it works amazingly! It’s definitely a lot better than a bunch of other remote desktop sharing applications I’ve used; but I have a few questions.

The app on the Google Play store hasn’t been updated to be compatible with Android Nougat (7.0). As a workaround, I was able to download the apk directly from the website. However, will the app on the Play store be updated so that other users do not have to download it directly from the website? Some people may not figure out that they can install it from your website.

Also, I’ve noticed that some of the text for the help screen when you connect to a computer do not show completely (mainly the stuff on the sides of the screen), it seems to cut off. This may just be a problem on Android Nougat. I have not tested on any other versions of Android.

Finally, is there any news for adding support for the H264 hardware decoding feature on Android? I see it’s on low priority here https://www.nomachine.com/FR12M02991 but I would love to be able to use H264 over vp8!

Thanks, looking forward to future updates!

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback 🙂

NoMachine is compatible with Nougat tablets. The app you find in the Play store is for Android tablets but not optimized for phones which is the reason why you see the desktop cut off on the sides.  If you install it on a tablet, you’ll see that the sides aren’t cut off at all. We’ll update the app’s page to make it clearer that phone users should come to our website to download the app.

An app for smartphones is planned and will be released as part of the NoMachine 6 branch, so look out for that. It’s coming soon!

https://www.nomachine.com/FR12M02991, on the other hand, is still under evaluation and hasn’t been inserted in to the roadmap yet – let’s get version 6 out first 😉

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.