Blurry screen when connecting from Macbook pro (2015)to Ubuntu 18.04

Forum / NoMachine for Mac / Blurry screen when connecting from Macbook pro (2015)to Ubuntu 18.04

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stonebeyond
    Participant

I have been searching a lot online about this issue. I am using a macbook pro at home to connect to my Ubuntu 18.04 in the office. The quality is always bad, it seems like the whole screen is blurry. I tried to change the settings within the NoMachine app with no good. Please help me. See pics in attachment.

fra81

Hi,

I see you have ‘Fit to window’ mode enabled (the small icon furthest to the left of the quick action icons that you can see at the bottom of the screenshot you have sent). Please try to disable it and see if it helps.

stonebeyond
    Participant

I also tried to use the “resize to match the resolution of the client” and got the result in the attachment. The sharpness is till bad.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Send the screenshot to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com using the topic as the subject of your email. We’ll then make sure it’s uploaded to your reply above. Thanks

bucu
    Participant

Hi,

there is one thing you can try as a workaround: on server side open terminal and execute:

• xrandr --output OUTPUT --fb 2560x1600 --panning 2560x1600 if you have 13″ MBP
    • xrandr --output OUTPUT --fb 2880x1800 --panning 2880x1800 if you have 15″ MBP

Where OUTPUT is your output’s name you can get from xrandr -q (for example VGA-0, LVDS-1). This should set your server’s screen size to Retina’s pixel resolution.

stonebeyond
    Participant

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried what you said but still get the similar result.

bucu
    Participant

It looks like the problem is on the client side. We have a Feature Request that will solve your problem. If you wish you can sign and get notified when it is added.

stonebeyond
    Participant

Alright, thank you for that. I have signed for the notification. I have noticed that the request is from 2014, I hope this can be solved in the next major update…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.