Connection tried between a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 8.1 desktop with proxy set up.
It worked fine until yesterday when a Windows 8.1 update hit. After the windows update as i observed that NoMachine wasn’t working i uninstalled it and installed the latest version, that didn’t help at all.
1. It gets connected fine over NX to the other computer at least that’s what it shows me (I also have Team Viewer installed).
2. After it gets connected i see the screen (desktop) from the other computer fine but I can interact with it only for a second as immediately freezes (just like a print-screen).
3. After the screen freezes it still shows as connected until I go and manually disconnect it.
1. Rebooted the computer :).
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software.
3. Restarted the router.
Anyone has any idea?…any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
I changed the Proxy from a EU one to a US one and it worked fine; “fine” is much said as i’m EU based and the connection is awful. Anyway…the conclusion is that it works with any proxy outside Europe, but nothing within.
this looks like a configuration problem with the proxy, more than with the software. Maybe there is a firewall that starts dropping packets after a while. Are these public proxies that we can try ourselves? If you want to provide further info privately, you can send a email to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.