Constant disconnects, "Error 146: Not a Data Message"

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Constant disconnects, "Error 146: Not a Data Message"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ian.molnar
    Participant

All,

For some reason NoMachine is virtually unusable for me on my home network. I am trying to connect to a (properly configured) server and can successfully do so using NoMachine from my laptop on university, coffee shop networks etc…

But from my home network this is unusable, every 5 seconds I get disconnected with a “Error is 146: Not a data message” error. Googling around has shown me nothing on this error. Has anyone encountered this? How do I get around this? Is this a router issue? What does this message even mean?

I’ve attached the session log here.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Can you send those session logs directly to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com?

Also, confirm that what version of NoMachine is installed on the server and also on your Windows client.  What OS & version is the server as well?

Thanks!

mguignes
    Participant

Do you have an answer ?? because I keep getting the same problem as you.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We will need logs (which we never received from the topic owner).

Also, confirm that what version of NoMachine is installed on the server and also on your Windows client.  What OS & version is the server as well?

We will need the above.

To extract logs please see the instructions here:  https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00163

And send them directly to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Thanks!

mguignes
    Participant

I have to gather the data…

But still, this is happening today with the latest version of NoMachine, on Windows 10 AND on Linux 4.16. And all my ports are open.

Can’t believe nobody has encountered this problem already…

Britgirl
    Keymaster

We aren’t aware of problems of constant disconnects on the latest version. The logs will allow us to see what the cause might be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.