Could not connect to the server. Error is 138: Connection timed out.

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Could not connect to the server. Error is 138: Connection timed out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tithefug
    Participant

Hello,

I have NoMachine 4.2 installed on a Linux Server (OpenSUSE 12.3).  I can connect to it from any machine that is on the same LAN, but cannot connect from external networks.

I have disabled the firewall on the server, and forwarded TCP/UDP ports 4000 and 4011-4099.  I also tried connecting via SSH.  I’m assuming the connection worked, as I got a message saying that the SSH service was not available (I’m using the free version).

To get around this, I am currently remoting (Chrome Remote Desktop) into a Windows machine that is on the network, and then using the NoMachine client to connect to the server.  This works, but I would much rather connect directly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

tithefug
    Participant

Hello again,

So, it seems that the issue is my corporate firewall.  I can connect using my Nexus 7 tablet tethered off my Nexus 5.

Thanks.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

forwarded TCP/UDP ports 4000 and 4011-4099

Did you make these changes on the router?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.