CreateDisplay causes Error 111

Forum / General Discussions / CreateDisplay causes Error 111

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    teledyn
    Participant

I am using the free edition NoMachine_5.2.21_1 (amd64) on both the server and the client machines connecting by NX using private key authentication. As installed from the .deb file, the connection worked fine with a gnome desktop.

Since I needed to create only one session to run a GUI-based server application to be administered via nxclient, I followed the instructions from the KB to create a pre-existing display by editing server.cfg to set …

CreateDisplay 1
    DisplayOwner “myuser”
    DisplayGeometry “800×600”

but the remote login then gives me Error 111 — I thought it might be the screen geometry so commented out the DisplayGeometry but still could not login via nxclient; I can only login when I set CreateDisplay 0

Is there some trick to setting this up that I might be missing?

kroy
    Contributor

Problem is known. It should be fixed in next software update which should be in a few days. Possible workaround you can find there: https://www.nomachine.com/TR02O07604. Please use the notify me tool to know when a fix is available (i.e when we’ve released).

teledyn
    Participant

Thanks — I’ve discovered another symptom: if I login using the Ubuntu machine and then a second login is attempted by a MacOS machine, the MacOS gets the Error: 111, however, if the MacOS logs in first and then I login from Ubuntu, the MacOS session is immediately (and rudely) terminated and the Ubuntu session goes through (which is obviously an unsafe situation)

This is very likely related to the same issue.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

The TR mentioned in this forum post has been fixed in 5.3.9. Please update and let us know if you continue to have problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.