Error 108 (connection reset by peer) when connecting to Debian 10 with Wayland

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Error 108 (connection reset by peer) when connecting to Debian 10 with Wayland

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hi,

I use Windows 10 NoMachine client to connect to a Linux NX server, I use username/password authentication.

I got an Error 108 (connection reset by peer) when connecting to Debian 10 with Wayland display server (gnome).

However,

– After I reboot Debian 10 with X11 desktop environment (gnome desktop), the connection is successful.

I thought Wayland desktop has tougher security policy, so I tried to use root account to connect to NX server with Wayland but it still five me Error 108.

– I can connect to a Fedora 32 with Wayland desktop environment, without changing any setting.

Since I need to test application on Wayland environment, anyone has suggestions to fix this problem? Thanks.

Mth
    Contributor

Hello

The error 108 with the context of the connection to physical desktop looks very strange. I’m afraid that we would require full logs to see what is going on here.

If you are willing to help us further please refer to an article on how to enable debug:

https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00163 (“How to gather debug logs for support requests”)

Enable debug on the server machine and then do:

sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --restart

And then please connect again to reproduce the problem. Then please gather logs either manually or by executing:

sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --debug --collect

Please send the logs to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com using the title of this forum’s thread as the mail’s subject.

And some question to clarify.

1. The error happens before entering the credentials, or after?
    2. Are there any crash reports regarding nxnode or nxserver processes in the system. If yes, please send us the backtrace.
    3. Is the machine in Login Window or desktop state. If on desktop, is there any screen saver/screen lock mechanisms enabled. Is Wayland enabled on both login window and desktop?

/Mth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.