Error 138

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leafinazephyr
    Participant

Hello,
    I’m having a problem I can’t seem to find a solution to.

I’m using the free license on 3 machines.

NoMachine is up to date as of the update of 01.02.2017.

One is a Windows 10, one is Windows 7(1), last one is Windows 7(2) – all in different locations.

The Windows 10 machine acts as the server.
    On all routers i have upnp enabled and the ports are open.

Connecting Windows 10 machine to itself from the public IP displayed in NoMachine works.
    Connecting Windows 7(1) to Windows 10 works.
    Connecting Windows 7(2) to Windows 10 gives error 138.

Though;
    Connecting Windows 7(2) to another Windows machine on the same LAN works.
    Connecting Windows 10 to Windows 7(2) works!

Therefore something is blocking the connection towards my Windows 10 machine from this Windows 7(2) machine, as the other way round works as intended.

It seems to me on the Windows 10 machine all is setup correctly as it can connect to itself and another can as well from outside (Windows 7(1) machine).
    I disabled Windows firewall on both, to no avail. Opened ports in router as well.

The only apparent difference between the Windows 7(2) and Windows 10 machines seems to be that the latter is a multi-monitor setup whilst the Windows 7(2) is single monitor. Maybe??
    Can you please help me understand what I can do on this Windows 7(2) machine to get it working?

Thank you!

I upload connection logs might they be helpful.

leafinazephyr
    Participant

Reuploading the logs as I uploaded an archive without knowing it wasn’t permitted.

Britgirl
    Participant

They’re probably too big to be accepted. Don’t worry, we have the ones you originally submitted by email 😉

kroy
    Contributor

One is a Windows 10, one is Windows 7(1), last one is Windows 7(2) – all in different locations.

What you mean “in different locations”?

In logs which you sent us there is a line with: “…Starting a new connection to host ‘xx.xx.xx.xx’ on port ‘xxxxx’.” (intentionally hid IP and Port) – are you connecting to the same IP and port from Windows 7(1)? Are you still able to connect to that host?

leafinazephyr
    Participant

Different geographical locations. Thus connecting over the Internet.

Windows 10 at home, Windows 7(1) in an office and Windows 7(2) in another office.

Yes. Ports and IP are identical – using the ones given by NoMachine in its connection window.

That is infact why this is so mysterious. Identical settings on all fronts, yet from Windows 7(2) no matter what it errors 138.

PS: Unfortunately I see my uploads are being blocked here in the forums, how should I upload them to successully deliver them?

kroy
    Contributor

It looks like a router rules problem. It’s possible your router at home has blocked connections and there is exception for Windows 7(1) IP. You can check connection by using program – tracert (open CMD and run command: tracert <IP_Windows_10>). It can also be outgoing rules on the router where is Windows 7(2), but it’s doubtful if it’s possible to connect in the opposite way. Please check the router configuration where Windows 10 is connected.

Unfortunately I see my uploads are being blocked here in the forums, how should I upload them to successfully deliver them?

Maximum file size allowed is 1024 KB, maybe there is the problem. You can send files to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.