Error is 108

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Error is 108

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jb1540
    Participant

Just updated from a previous version of NX client. I’ve set up everything right, to the best of my ability, I think, and I can connect just fine to my lab’s work computers with the GNOME desktop or some of the other options display, but when using the custom option with a new command window or a new gnome-terminal, I get “error is 108: connection reset by peer” every time.  I want it to work, since I can’t get the other desktop options to play nicely with multiple monitors like the floating windows do(i.e. maximizing a window sizes it to fill one monitor, not all my monitors….). Help? I’ve attached a log file that may contain information.  If others are required, please educate me as to what those may be.

Britgirl
    Participant

Can you resubmit the logs to issues[at]nomachine[dot]com? If you are connecting to a version 4 server, we will need to check why you are not able to run a custom session (name of application by the way?) yet you can run a virtual desktop session.

jb1540
    Participant

Hey, I think the session file should have uploaded now.  I’m using version 4.2.25, and the 108 error occurs whenever I select the custom session option.  I’ve tried selecting the “run the console” option and “run the following command:” using the gnome-terminal command, but both options fail.  If I select the “run the command in a virtual desktop” option, there is no error, but when I select “run the command in a floating window” (which is the option I want to use), I get the 108 error every time. It should be noted that with previous versions of NX, I can use the floating window options without any major issues.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments:
    jb1540
    Participant

Just to confirm, are there extra log files missing, or anything else that could help diagnose the problem?

Britgirl
    Participant

You’re connecting to a 3.5.0 server. This version is now dealt with via the traditional support channels. If you contact us here https://www.nomachine.com/contact-request, our developers will be able to tell you whether it’s a known bug, and if there’s a workaround. Also, please tell us what Linux distribution you are using and its version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.