Error is 138: Connection timed out

Forum / NoMachine for Windows / Error is 138: Connection timed out

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    richsdixon
    Participant

Hello – afraid I have the same problem others are reporting. I’m not particularly computer literate in these issues so I thought I’d attach the logs for a couple of failed login attempts last night and wondered if anyone could do any forensics to see where the problem might lie.

I’m on a Windows 10 laptop using NoMachine free version. I had a similar issue with my desktop (both are using the same router – Virgin Broadband in the UK, for what it’s worth). Am trying to get access to remote computing at a UK university (I am based in the UK), I’m not sure if the remote machines are Windows/Mac/Linux. Many thanks in advance for any help

Richard

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Hi, can you submit those logs to forum[at]nomachine[com]. Make sure you reference the topic link in your email. Thanks!

Do you happen to know what version of NoMachine is on the University server? Can you tell us in your email with logs which Uni it is so we can check if they are a customer? If so, we can reach out to them.

richsdixon
    Participant

Apologies – hopefully this log upload will work…

Attachments:
    richsdixon
    Participant

Thanks for the help – turns out I needed to set up a “Pulse Secure” connection with the end server for it to work properly. Thought I’d leave this here in case other people had the same trouble.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Ok 🙂 thanks for letting us know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.