Tagged: #physical desktop #console
November 13, 2020 at 09:13 #30331
In the past, when i logged on to NoMachine, i would be able to view the same screen that i saw when i was at the physical desktop. Now suddenly, that seems to have changed and i am not sure whether i have changed something or the product has changed. (It may be a feature, to allow multiple sessions) but i want to just be able to see the physical desktop remotely. Could someone please help me get back to the old behavior? Thank you!
– NoMachine product and version on local and remote machine (free version, Workstation, etc).
NoMachine free 6.12.3, Ubuntu 20.04 on both host and guest
– Whether the problem arises connecting to a physical or a virtual display.
– Connecting to physical display
– Remote and local Windows/Mac/Linux version (Windows XP/7/8, OS X 10.x, Ubuntu xyz, Mint x.y, etc.).
Ubuntu 20.04 on both host and guest
– If on Linux, desktop version (GNOME. KDE, whatever) on client and on server.
GNOME on both client and serverNovember 13, 2020 at 09:30 #30340
Can you submit screenshots of what you are seeing during the connection process?November 16, 2020 at 12:38 #30369
Thank you. Yes, please see attached ZIP file that shows the difference between the remote and console views. It is almost like i have switched o some kind of multi-user mode whereas I just need the console and remote views to be identical, as they have been for many monthsNovember 20, 2020 at 16:02 #30478
The file you tried to attach may have been too big, please submit to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com making sure to use the title of your topic as the subject.November 20, 2020 at 19:03 #30481
It looks like the file is 3.2 MB and your limit is 1 MB so that was the issue. Would you be so kind as to try and download the link from my Google Drive please?
Thank you,January 18, 2021 at 15:13 #31332
Daniel, sorry for the delay in replying. If you have NoMachine free installed on the remote Linux computer, this shouldn’t be possible. It’s strange that we don’t detect physical session. First, can I ask you to update to the latest version (v7)?
Can you also confirm the following:
– are you using Wayland? If so, can you try with x.org instead?
– is this a virtual machine, if so is it virtualbox or something else?
– can you show me the output of
Also, logs of the affected session (from the server host) would be useful. (see https://www.nomachine.com/DT11R00182) and submit to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.