No sound since on Linux since last update

Forums / NoMachine for Linux / No sound since on Linux since last update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #22651
    DrPepper
    Participant

    Ever since the last update I have not been able to stream sound from the host PC. Also, there is no longer any NoMachine devices listed in the system audio settings. I tried running “nxnode –audiosetup” and it said it was successful, but nothing changed. I can confirm that the speakers are working on both the host and the client machine.

    My setup:

    • Host OS: Arch Linux (up-to-date)
    • Client OS: Manjaro Linux (up-to-date)
    • NoMachine version: 6.7.6 (free license)
    • Sound server: PulseAudio
    #22660
    mkub
    Participant

    Hi,

    It seems like problem with loading PulseAudio modules on your host. Can you log sinks? You can do this by using command pactl list sinks. Also, NoMachine’s logs would be useful. Instructions how to gather them is in this article:

    https://www.nomachine.com/DT04M00076

    Please send output of command and logs to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

    In a meantime you can try to restore sinks by executing commands below:
    pulseaudio -k
    /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --restart

    If you have successfully restored the devices, make sure that the NoMachine Output is the default sink.

    Thanks,
    mkub

    #22677
    DrPepper
    Participant

    I sent the logs. Before sending them, I had a look at nxupdate.log. Apparently /etc/pulse/client.conf was missing, causing the updater to fail the audio setup. I tried creating a client.conf to see if that might fix the problem, but I couldn’t find any information on how to regenerate it. From what I’ve read, I shouldn’t even need it. I tried “nxnode –audiosetup” with an empty client.conf, and while according to the log file it had appeared to work, it didn’t affect the problem.

    #22698
    mkub
    Participant

    Hi,

    This is not the problem created directly by NoMachine. On the contrary, PulseAudio needs client.conf file to work properly. Use this template to recreate it https://github.com/pulseaudio/pulseaudio/blob/master/src/pulse/client.conf.in. Make sure that it has proper permission, owner and group.

    Replace @PA_BINARY@ with path to PulseAudio Daemon, possible path is /usr/bin/pulseaudio and set autospawn = no (simply paste it above ; autospawn = yes) . Then reboot the machine.

    If the problem still exists, please send us output of command pacmd list.

    Thanks,
    mkub

    #22705
    DrPepper
    Participant

    Thank you. It works now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.