NoMachine blank white screen on Kali Linux 2019.4

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / NoMachine blank white screen on Kali Linux 2019.4

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mesagieru
    Participant

Hello,

Since 2 weeks ago I cannot access a cloud Kali machine using NoMachine. It worked well before, I didn’t do any system updates on the machine, and suddenly after a reboot it stopped working, meaning i can only see a white blank screen after successful authentication to the machine

The machine is running Kali Linux 2019.4 with gdm.

Thanks in advance

Britgirl
    Participant

What version of NoMachine do you have installed on the server and client sides?

mesagieru
    Participant

The server is running ‘nomachine_6.9.2_1_amd64.deb’ package and Windows client is also 6.9.2

kroy
    Contributor

Hi. Please try solution from that article: https://www.nomachine.com/AR03P00973. Turn of X server and restart nxserver.

sudo service gdm stop
    sudo /usr/NX/bin/nxserver --restart

To disable X server permanently you can execute command: sudo systemctl disable gdm3.service.

mesagieru
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve already tried that but it didn’t work. Also , i’ve connected to the server using the client installed in the same machine , and i’ve got the same result: blank white screen . So i think it’s not a communication issue ..

mesagieru
    Participant

On second try to disable gdm3 and restart nxserver , after performing those steps , when i log in i get an the attached error message

Attachments:
    kroy
    Contributor

Screenshot indicates that there could be wrong starting command. What is the output of the command grep DefaultDesktopCommand /usr/NX/etc/node.cfg. Please enable debug, reproduce problem and send logs to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com (all that should be done on the server side). There are instructions how to enable and collect debug logs automatically: https://www.nomachine.com/DT10O00162. Make sure you put the title of the topic as your subject.

cloud Kali machine

Can you write from which cloud service are you using?

mesagieru
    Participant

Ok , situation seems to be solved after installing xfce desktop environment. Now I have access over NoMachine to the cloud machine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.