NoMachine connection P2P but not WAN other than port 4000

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / NoMachine connection P2P but not WAN other than port 4000

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AD5XJ
    Participant

I have a LAN with three computers all running NoMachine. They all connect and perform without fail over the LAN. The ISP gateway has port 4000 TCP and 4023 UDP routing to the machine assigned as port 4000. Another computer with port 4001 cannot be accessed using the same NAT routing for 4001 to the second machine.
    It seems only 4000 works for some reason even if I define multiple services with different ports and different LAN destinations.

What do I need to do to be able to access more than one computer on my LAN from the WAN. Not at the same time of course.

Tom
    Participant

Hello AD5XJ,

Thank you for your comment.

The information about your gateway settings is a little bit confusing; we are not sure if you have these mentioned two ports (4000 and 4023) redirected on router by your ISP or if you have admin access to the router and you are able to redirect it by yourself.

Technically, every computer in your LAN should have a specific port redirected on your router.

If you want to reach more than one computer from WAN, you must set, on the router, the port forwarding to local IP and port 4000.

For example:

first computer – WAN port 8001 forward to IP 192.168.1.10 and port 4000
    second computer  – WAN port 8002 forward to IP 192.168.1.11 and port 4000.

Regards
    Tom

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.