Service stopping after starting: Error 107 connection refused

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / Service stopping after starting: Error 107 connection refused

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    asens
    Participant

Hi,

I am unable to recognize or connect over LAN to my Linux Mint 17.3 desktop from my Windows 8 laptop, however I can find and connect to my laptop from the desktop.

If a manually make a new connection to the IP for my Linux desktop I get Error 107: connection refused.

I noticed that in my connection preferences for my Win8 laptop my NX service is started and stays on. For my Linux desktop though the service stops immediately after I try to start it. I feel like this may be part of the problem. I also have my linux desktop set to broadcast to the network so I don’t know why I cannot find it either.

Haven
    Participant

Hello asens,
    Thank you for taking the time to report this. It looks like some
    permissions of NoMachine installation was broken. About two hours after
    installation we can find errors like:
    Subscription file /usr/NX/etc/server.lic has wrong permissions. Correct permissions are 0400.
    To investigate further please provide output of commands:

ls -l /usr/NX/
    ls -l /usr/NX/etc/
    ls -l /usr/NX/scripts/
    ls -l /usr/NX/bin/

and ‘.nx’ directory from home directory:
    tar -cvp --exclude 'cache*' --exclude 'images' --exclude 'recording' -f - <path to user's home>/.nx | gzip -c >nxdir.tar.gz

I am not sure what could cause this problem, but I would suggest
    re-installation to fix problem with broken file rights.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Closed because the user did not provide further feedback. Please notify us if you confirm that it is resolved or open a new topic if you have the same problem.