The connection with the server was lost. Error is 108: Connection reset by peer

Forum / NoMachine for Linux / The connection with the server was lost. Error is 108: Connection reset by peer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    eshama
    Participant

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help. I tried logging into one of my servers and received this error message. I am using the free version on Linux. The problem is with a virtual display.

The server is OS is SLED15 and I am connecting from a Windows 10 machine .

I would appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Ethan

Britgirl
    Keymaster

I’ll as the same question that I asked in your other topic (https://forums.nomachine.com/topic/the-session-negotiation-failed-error-node-was-not-retrieved):

I assume you are using the latest version on the SLED host. What desktop environment are you connecting to?

eshama
    Participant

Yes I updated the NoMachine software on the SLED machine that I am trying to connect. I’m sure what you mean by desktop environment. I have tried to connect to the SLED machine through both PC and Ubuntu and neither are working and I am receiving the same error.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Eshama, what desktop environment (DE) is running on your Linux SLED ie. is it Gnome, KDE, LXDE, something else? Is it the NoMachine Free Edition running there? Were you able to connect before?

We are not aware of similar problems with Suse or Ubuntu.

eshama
    Participant

Hello,

I think it is running Gnome. Yes it is the Free edition. Yes I was able to connect until recently.

Let me know if you require any more info.

Thanks,

Ethan

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Please submit the logs from the server side and submit them to forum[at]nomachine[dot]com.

Collect server side logs automatically
    https://kb.nomachine.com/DT11R00182

Player logs may also be useful. Instructions are available here: https://www.nomachine.com/DT11R00181

It’s important you reproduce the problem once you’ve enabled the logs as per the instructions.

jj
    Participant

I would like to confirm that I have the same problem.

I have figured out that I’m only getting the “connection reset by peer” issue if the screens on the host machine are currently locked (the user locked the screen, or the screensaver locked it due to inactivity). If the host screen is unlocked, the client can connect without any issues.

The host is running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, NoMachine 7.10.1 Free version.

I have collected the debug logs and have mailed them to the specified address.

Britgirl
    Keymaster

Please show us the output of:
    $ sudo netstat -anlp | grep egl

If it’s empty,  enable egl capturing with sudo /etc/NX/nxserver --egl-capture yes. What does the output of grep egl after enabling? (this is to check that egl capture is being pre-loaded).

Then, on the server, log out from the desktop, log back in and then start a NoMachine connection. What happens?

jj
    Participant

The grep command shows nothing, but that doesn’t change after enabling it with the --egl-capture argument.

jj
    Participant

To follow up, I have since rebooted the machine for unrelated reasons, and when I checked netstat for egl again, it was clearly loaded.

Since then, NoMachine works perfectly fine, so this is obviously the solution!

Thank you very much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic was marked as solved, you can't post.