Forum Replies Created
There is no output. There is no, and has never been any, copy of libpam on a standard Slackware release prior to the 15 released this month.
I’m still testing the latest version, so am currently running both 14.2 and 15.
That works, thanks.
Slackware -current is basically the Alpha for the next version, so Kroy’s fix was always for 15.0.
Slackware has never used PAM. Well not until 4 days ago when Patrick released 15.0.
After adding the missing /:
eddie@The-Tardis:~$ /usr/NX/bin/nxexec --auth
6620 6620 11:55:16 616 nxexecPAMOpen: ERROR! PAM library not found.
6620 6620 11:55:16 616 nxexecPAMOpen: ERROR! Error: 'libpam.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory'.
Also, note that my environment is still configured as per: https://forums.nomachine.com/topic/still-cannot-find-default-environment-after-tr09n07188-fix
Yes, running startx from the virtual console starts up the KDE session.
Logs attached following an attempt to start a session from Windows.
I’m not trying to connect to an existing session, I’m using the ability for NoMachine to create it’s own.
I already guessed which application: KDETorrent.
What I’m trying to understand is why updating NoMachine caused that log to suddenly jump from a few M over a period of months to over a G in a single day.
Answering my own post.
Setting the node.cfg setting “ClientLog 0” stops the file being created. Although I would be interested in why the amount of data captured suddenly skyrocketed.
With regard to the clean-up of the directories. All the ones there appear to be left overs when either I’ve had to kill a session, or in the last couple of days, when things all went haywire because of the filesystem filling up.
My environment is described here https://forums.nomachine.com/topic/still-cannot-find-default-environment-after-tr09n07188-fix
Actually I hadn’t killed anything yesterday, when I reported this, so connecting again, it’s still in the same “no input” state.
Tried mashing every single key on the keyboard multiple times. No effect.
OK, will do.
Although I wouldn’t have thought that would have caused all keyboard and mouse actions to be blocked. I would have unexpected “strange” results.
Maybe not a NoMachine bug per se, but something changed between releases.
That looks like it fixed it. Thanks.
Sent a few days ago. Was it received.
Cheers.April 24, 2017 at 08:04 in reply to: Still cannot find default environment after TR09N07188 fix #14546
Hmmm. I got an e-mail informing me of my own update to this post. But not one for yours above.
I also got an e-mail for a reply to my other post.
Yep, changing the DefaultDesktopCommand worked. Plus I could back out the change I made for AR09L00814 and it still works.