Forum Replies Created
October 22, 2021 at 21:21 in reply to: Ubuntu VM and Intel Quick Sync H264 HW acceleration #35910bucdeParticipant
Sorry for second repost, but nothing changed till now.
I have created a complete new VM with Kubuntu 20.04.03 (some info in lspci.txt and vainfo.txt).
After updating all packages I tried some tests:
1. Use this  tool to check hardware encoding -> it works! (attached screenshot)
2. Change Firefox settings to use hardware decoding  -> it works!
3. Install latest NoMachine (7.7.4) for Ubuntu -> does not work!
4. Set file link /opt/intel/mediasdk/lib64/iHD_drv_video.so -> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so and install intel-non-free-driver plus libmfx1 -> does not work!
5. ‘Install’ nx extended debug lib -> see attached session log
Please give me some information about it.
Can I do some more tests?October 14, 2021 at 11:16 in reply to: Ubuntu VM and Intel Quick Sync H264 HW acceleration #35744bucdeParticipant
I have generated few more information.
After I installed the debug library from here  the session log (attached) file shows that the quick sync encoder could not be initialized.
I fixed the problem that the intel gpu was on the wrong pci slot in the virtual machine. Now it has the pci id
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller : Intel Corporation HD Graphics 530 [8086:1912] (rev 06)