Forum Replies Created
I think this procedure will not produce any logs. So I think i take it as it is…
As far as i know, we already checked that somehow NoMachine would not store a cache in our case. I would like to test it, if you send me a special version, which can track back the issue better.May 17, 2017 at 13:14 in reply to: Grab keyboard shortcuts does only work temporarily #14829
This is what i do:
- I connect with NoMachine to a remote client (iMac) while i’m working physically on a Mac Pro (That’s what i would call the server side, no?)
- When the connection is enabled i can move the mouse on the client desktop and start controlling it. Everything works fine but i want to switch the application on the remote machine (iMac)
- E.g. i’m in the Finder (iMac) on the remote client and want to switch to a desired app. Therefor I try to press Cmd + Tab
- I get all opened programms available but not on the client! These programs are the opened ones on my machine (Mac Pro) where i started the NoMachine connection (I would call it still the server side, right?)
- Instead of switching the Finder on the client, i leave NoMachine on the server.
That’s not how it should work, i guess…May 10, 2017 at 13:31 in reply to: With every new start authentication credentials lost #14743
I just forgot it.
Macintosh:~ username$ ls -ld $HOME/.nx/cache
drwx—— 5 username staff 170 10 Mai 12:44 /Users/username/.nx/cache
All folders in the directory .nx share the same privileges.
I’ve sent the logs yesterday already.May 10, 2017 at 08:07 in reply to: Grab keyboard shortcuts does only work temporarily #14730
O.k. so when i try to connect to a client, and i want to switch the program with CMD + TAB shortcut NoMachine switches the program on the server instead doing so on the client. That’s the problem. I hope i could describe it better this way.
May 10, 2017 at 08:07 in reply to: With every new start authentication credentials lost #14728
- The issue occurs when i hit CMD + TAB from any program.
- I have a single NoMachine running on two devices (iMacs)
- There is no 3rd party running. With apples “Remote desktop” all shortcuts get grabbed like they should.
- I switch apps on only one Space and Monitor
I just use the NoMachine as it is. When i open NoMachine, i get a window and it automatically detects the connections. I did not change anything here.
Why should use a wizard while NoMachine detects all possible machines itself?
Each time i start the first connection in the morning to one of these machines, NoMachine asks me if i want to store the credentials for that machine. And i confirm it with yes. So why should they not be stored?
The .nx folder has the right permissions, my user has read and write permissions.
I do not install and uninstall NoMachine at the moment, i only installed it once. That’s it.May 9, 2017 at 14:37 in reply to: Grab keyboard shortcuts does only work temporarily #14723
Information for client and server are the same, i would have mentioned it, if there were differences in OS or NoMachine version. I installed the NoMachine package from your website.May 9, 2017 at 13:27 in reply to: Grab keyboard shortcuts does only work temporarily #14712
That’s not exactly what i was writing.
I’m saying, that it is only randomly going to the remote desktop! In 80 percent it is still controlling the server side OS and does not get to the remote desktop!
OSX 10.11.6 and NoMachine 5.2.21
ThanxMay 9, 2017 at 13:27 in reply to: With every new start authentication credentials lost #14715
the folder structure is different to what you wrote. There is no folder in “config” but in “.nx” there is a folder named “R-localh…” i will compress this and send it to you.
BestMay 9, 2017 at 09:59 in reply to: How to not adjust client screen resolution by default? #14706
ThanxsMay 9, 2017 at 08:44 in reply to: How to not adjust client screen resolution by default? #14696
Where do i find this file on OSX?
What’s the file path on OSX?May 9, 2017 at 07:45 in reply to: With every new start authentication credentials lost #14694
Even if i choose another, new, folder in preferences of NoMachine, the program will not store anything…May 9, 2017 at 07:45 in reply to: With every new start authentication credentials lost #14693
I do have full read and write privileges but i see that NoMachine does not store anything in there. The folder is empty, no hidden files, too. So what can i do to force NoMachine to store the preferences?