Forum Replies Created
I tried what you suggested, and I continue to get a black screen. Any other ideas? Can you try to create a headless Ubuntu system on your end?
Apologies for the late reply- I’ve been trying a number of different things in the meantime, but nothing quite works. I’ll send the logs above, but I was wondering if we could take an alternate approach? Can you please provide a procedure on how to install Ubuntu to act as a headless NX server (free version)?
Here’s what I’m doing now (to get to the point where these logs occurred):
1. Install Ubuntu Server (on a AMD Ryzen + NVIDIA GTX 1080).
2. Install ubuntu-gnome-desktop.
3. Install NX
4. Connect to Ubuntu server via Win10. Confirm that it works (I can see Gnome fine).
5. Shutdown Ubuntu Server. Disconnect monitor.
6. Turn on Ubuntu Server
7. Connect to Ubuntu server via Win10. Observe that it’s a black screen.
In the original post I couldn’t connect at all. Now all I see is a black screen. I consider that progress, but I’d still like to get this working. This is a clean install that I’m doing and I am able to wipe everything and start over. Can you please try to produce a headless Ubuntu Gnome NX server (no monitor connected) in your lab and tell me what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks for the reply. This seems to have had no effect. Are you sure that linked article is relevant? I don’t care about which virtual desktop environment is selected. I just want it to work.