Forum Replies Created
@Britgirl, thanks for your response!
Sure, I’d be happy to help with whatever diagnostic steps you need to run.
By debug version, are you referring to setting log levels or do you have different library packages you’d like me to run? In the case of the former, I’ve attached both my debug-level logs and my config (which is pretty much stock from install).
Here are a couple more pieces of information that may be valuable:
– Machine: Mac Pro (Late 2013) running MacOS Catalina (10.15.6)
– Machine has 2 x ethernet ports and 1 x wi-fi adapter; wi-fi adapter is set to inactive and both ethernet ports are bound in a link aggregation with a LAN IP of 192.168.0.50
– Running the command /etc/NX/nxserver –startup results in the failures mentioned above and detailed in the attached logs
Here are some other things I’ve already tried:
– I installed the same downloaded binary package on another Mac (a Macbook with wi-fi, also running 10.15.6) on the same LAN and server starts up and accepts connections fine
– I installed the downloaded binary package on a windows laptop (a Thinkpad X1 with wi-fi, running windows 10) on the same LAN and server starts up and accepts connections fine
– I have updated /etc/hosts file on affected mac to include different variations of localhost (e.g., localhost.localdomain, localhost4, etc); please see attached config archive
– Ping and DNS resolution via dscacheutil of “localhost” all work fine and resolve to 127.0.0.1 and ::1
Hope that helps, but happy to provide any other info you might need!
Thanks in advance!