Forum Replies Created
I have just worked out where the font settings are (pretty tricky when everything is so small) and changed them to 28 point, and the fonts are now readable.
Hi, that’s for getting back to me again 🙂
So, as far as I know, other than system updates, nothing changed this time.
The xrandr config I’m using is
xrandr --fbmm 6912x2160 --output eDP-1-1 --pos 0x0 --mode 3840x2160 --scale 0.8x0.8 --left-of DP-1-2 --output DP-1-1-2 --auto --scale 0.9999x0.9999 --primary
Although the tiny fonts persist on both monitors with different scale values (that’s the zoom I’m talking about).
The basic display configuration settings in KDE have Global Scale at 100%
xrdb -query -all
xdpyinfo output is attached.
I tried switching back to Wayland and back to X but nothing changed this time.
@rblb I wish I could tell you.
I switched between Xorg and Wayland and was seeing the problem again for a day or so, but after a reboot, still in the Wayland session, its resolved itself again.
I’m really not sure what the issue is.
(I did set the locale on the machine, which wasn’t set correctly, it could have been that come to think of it).
OK, so this is embarrasing.
I have no clue why, I’ve applied some updates, I’ve made some minor changes to my xrandar config, and I just checked and its working fine now.
It was consistently broken, now consistently fixed.
Thanks for the support. Thanks for the interest.
But, I guess this can be closed.
Thanks @Britgirl the distro is kde neon.
I was using Wayland and everthing worked as far as NoMachine was concerned, but for other reasons I’ve had to switch back to X and now its not 🙂
sorry about that..
Attached.. but I can see the preview..??
Please ignore this post. It finally accepted my credentials. Not sure why, but its now upgraded.
OK, have done that, and still no joy.
There are masses of messages in the eventviewer related to user management, I’m not sure what ones are important.
When I try and create the account, I get nothing in the logs.
When I list the accounts, I can see all of the accounts being enumerated.
Still no output from the account creation.
I ran the command as directed… no output at all.
Just returned to the command prompt.
This machine is a stand-alone Windows machine, no AD, no LDAP, not even a workgroup (everything else in the network uses a proper OS).
Looks as though NoMachine is out then, I’m not creating new users just for this, unfortunately. Strange that nothing else I’ve installed has any issues that I know of.
Sent as requested.